WhatsApp Web is quite a useful tool to keep you communicated from your computer, even if you don’t have your mobile nearby. Allowing download vIdeos, photos or audios received to your PC, either Mac or Windows. This is very practical to modify any important detail before sending it. However, not all users take advantage of this, because they don’t know how to do it.
Well, in order to download media archivos from WhatsApp Web you have two alternatives. The first is to open the vídeo, image or audio in question and then download it to your computer.
The second is to open the drop-down menu within the same conversation window and select the download option. The process is afín on both Windows and Mac. Learn how to do it, below.
Download from Windows
For download photos, vídeos or audios from WhatsApp Web to your PC with Windows OS you have two methods. But, you should know that the main requirement to carry out this process is that the archivo in question is in the conversation. Otherwise, you won’t be able to download it to your computer. That said, log in to your account at web.whatsapp.com and use any of the following methods.
Method 1: Open the file
The first method consists of open the vídeo, audio or photograph you want to download and click on the necessary button. Follow the steps below to learn how to do it:Clic on the conversation from where you want to download the file.
- Press the photo, audio or vídeo you want to download.
- Click on the down arrow button.
- This will open a popup window, select the destination folder and give it a name to the file.
- Press “Save“.
This way you will manage to get any archivo stored on WhatsApp and keep it on your computer. Keep in mind that you must have a good internet connection on both devices for this to be possible. On the other hand, in the case of vídeos, you must wait for them to load completely in the Web version before downloading them.
Method 2: Download directly from the conversation
The following method is faster than the previous one and you perro run it directly from the conversation window, without having to clic or open any archivo on the big screen. Pay attention to the steps that will be mentioned below:
- Open WhatsApp Web on your computer and search for the conversation from which you want to download the archivo.
- Hover the cursor over the message in question and clic on the little arrow icon that appears in the bubble of the bubble.
- Select “Download“.
- Choose the destination folder and assign a name to the archivo.
- Press “Save“.
That’s how simple it is download videos, photos or audio from WhatsApp Web directly in the conversation.
Download from Mac
The download process on Mac computers is the same as the one used on Windows. Since the WhatsApp Web platform is the same on both Operating Systems. Simply go to the website, sync both devices by following the necessary steps in the mobile aplicación menu. Lastly, locate the files you want to download in the chat from where they were sent and put the above instructions into practice.
Advantages of downloading archivos from WhatsApp Web
Among the advantages of using WhatsApp Web to download archivos to your computer, you will find the following:
- Play in offline mode: Once you have the archivos on your computer, you perro view them as many times as you want, even if you don’t have an Internet connection.
- View in higher resolution: Since the PC screen is much larger, it has better resolution and suitable media players to enjoy the content in the highest quality.
- Free up space: MP4 files take up a lot of space on your phone. So downloading them to your computer is a good way to free up space and keep your videos in a safe place.
- Editing power: When downloading photos, videos, audio and even documents from WhatsApp Web to your computer, the editing possibilities increase. For the desktop version of the programs needed for this, is much better and more complete than the mobile applications.
In conclusion, download archivos received on WhatsApp from your computer is very simple. You just need to make sure you have a good internet connection on both computers before downloading.