WhatsApp is an instant messaging application used worldwide, and has conquered the most unthinkable numbers in downloads in the various mobile app stores.
You might think that the only option to use Whatsapp is to have a smartphone, but since a couple of years the use of the message app in other devices has become popular.
If you don’t think it’s possible to download WhatsApp for PC Windows 7, then read on…
Let’s see some possible solutions to have the WhatsApp on Windows 7. They are simple and with quite easy steps to follow.
What operating systems does WhatsApp run on?
At this time, there are several applications to use WhatsApp on Mac or Windows computers. But of course, the most common method is to use WhatsApp Web.
It is very simple to use and we will explain it to you later. This greatly extends the use of the application, because even on Linux we could use WhatsApp. But equally, you must have a mobile phone with an active Internet connection and the WhatsApp application installed.
You may also be interested in: Downloading WhatsApp to a Nokia phone
In Windows 7, you don’t have a Microsoft app store or marketplace, unlike in Windows 10, where you only download the app from the app store and it’s placed on your computer.
But don’t worry, there are still solutions for this. Let’s see how to do it in this step-by-step guide.
Download WhatsApp for PC Windows
- We must go to the official website of Whatsapp, enter the following address: https://www.whatsapp.com/download/, and download the installer according to the operating system, there we will see the option for Mac and Windows. We choose Windows (32 bits or 64 bits).
- Then, we must choose a location to save the file in our computer.
- We wait for the WhatsApp installer to download and open it to start the installation.
- This process that follows is very simple, you will only see a screen like the one below and when it is finished WhatsApp starts automatically.
- Next, you will see a screen with the instructions that we must follow.
- Just scan the QR code from the WhatsApp application on your mobile phone.
How to use WhatsApp Web with Windows 7?
WhatsApp Web is very easy to use, and we do not need to download or install anything on our laptop or computer where we are going to use it. Let’s see how to do it:
- Open the web browser of your choice, in the address bar type web.whatsapp.com.
- The next thing we will do from our smartphone. Go to WhatsApp, in the options menu and then press where it says “WhatsApp Web”.
- In the page that we open in our browser, it will give us a QR code.
- Now, we scan that code and log in immediately.
- In our mobile, we will be told that we have an open session of WhatsApp Web.
It’s very easy as you see, and it won’t take up any disk space on our computer or laptop. The best thing is, we send files quickly, easily and securely without having them stored on our mobile.
But even with all this, you might still be wondering: Why install WhatsApp on Windows 7?
Reasons to have WhatsApp on Windows 7
We are going to give you at least 4 reasons to download WhatsApp on PC Windows 7, you will surely see the advantages:
- Windows 7 is one of the most used operating systems so far, most people still have this system installed on their computers.
- When you are looking to communicate with someone and you are at your computer, it is much easier to open WhatsApp from there than to go to your mobile phone.
- Sharing files from your computer is very easy, you can send large documents or files of any kind, which you may not have on your smartphone.
- And the most important reason; you save your mobile phone battery because you don’t have your phone on by typing and sending files.
These are just some of the reasons we have WhatsApp on Windows 7.
In short, we have seen many of the benefits of having WhatsApp on our Windows 7 computer. Without a doubt, this messaging app for communication has revolutionized the world.
It’s now much easier to stay connected, to send a photo or a document to anyone, even if they’re halfway around the world.
And if you don’t have a laptop or Windows 8 or 10 computer with the application available, you don’t have to miss out on WhatsApp – just follow the steps we’ve given you and…
Ready! You’ll be in touch again with all your friends or people you know… Don’t wait any longer!